My private product vision (the product and service I would love to have)

When I started with the recording of Basketball games I had a small vision. I wanted to provide a video service like DAZZN just for our teams. And I wanted to provide input for the teams to improve themselves. The first aspect is fulfilled right now but with one big handicap. I have to do everything by myself because it is complicated and I need my Mac.

The training impact right now Is marginal. The AI of XBOTGO is poor and developing something by myself very complicated due to the moving camera.

I love this project and I would love to have another RECO promise.

RECOnsider nothing during a game. It would be fantastic to hang a Reco on a hook or put it on a tripod in the hall. Enter the opponents gamesters and forget … during the game you have the live feed to the platform and afterwords the detailed analyses for the teams.

I am a fan of scoreboards my first live streams had none and the viewers where complaining that they did not knew for sure - during tight games - who was in front. Updating a scoreboard esp. when you not do the points in basketball but the clock is really hard work and it kills the fun in watching the game. So a huge game changer in my point of view - would be an automatic to update the scoreboard while analysing the teams scoreboard. I have not seen anything like that. Im experimenting with an old iPhone. The problem is not the analysis of the scoreboard itself but having a proper image due to the flickering. . I guess it would not be a problem with soccer outside but at least for junior teams in our region it is very uncommon to have any.

What interests me is the general vision about statistics. A Top Priority for me is that all the Analyzes are done locally.
I would love to have detailed reports per player with this direct data:

  • minutes played
  • 1 / 2 / 3 points made
  • 1 / 2 / 3 points missed
  • personal fouls
  • fouled x times
  • points achieved during playtime.
  • Rebounds
  • Assists
  • Blocks
  • Steals
  • Succcessfull passes
  • Shot positions for the 2 and 3 points and misses
  • and may be a shot analysis
  • And the possibilty to Producer Feedback Videos for each Player with a Smileys like all shots, Misses, Fouls etc. per Player

For the team :

  • Heatmaps

    I really have no idea what of theses aspects is realisable

    What would be cool is a step further which should be quite easy if you have this kind of information. Is a statement like these players work better in such a situation and these in a different kind.

    What are your thoughts about what will come might come and is not realistic at all?

1 Like