I thinik it would be great to have one approach for a scoreboard interphase and as many variants as needed for the different kinds of sports.
What I don´t like about xbotgo is that they have a rather static approach even without the xbotgo which you cannot turn off (something that I really dislike) you know its them. I think it is way cooler if you cannot tell because everyone can have his individual design. My scoreboard designer is not as nice as the OBS one but I guess it will be there after some iterations.
Regarding the integration I guess the best way is if there is an open interface and everyone can adapt whatever makes him or her happy.
I write some general thoughts about my private vision what Kind of product / service I would love. This has an impact on the scoreboard design is posted here. I guess it is interesting to understand what can be expected what might come in the future and what is rather out of scope. My private product vision (the product and service I would love to have)